How do you want to evolve the AEC industry?
Seeking individuals of all expertise levels to collaborate in a 24-hour research and development blitz. Centered around trending technologies in the architecture, engineering, construction, and commercial real estate development industry, this event will highly encourage cross-pollination of ideas and provide exposure to new skills not encountered in practice. Start thinking about potential project ideas and come prepared to roll up your sleeves alongside talented colleagues.
$750 in prizes
Most Impressive Use of Technology
- interoperability: complexity and/or frequency of migration across software platforms
- never-before-seen application to task
- cutting edge code or use of devices
- experimental/uncharted territory
- can easily be put into practice in the industry
- has the potential to save project teams lots of time
- value is easy for individuals at all levels to understand
- use of common programs or technologies
- willingness to open-source
Best Cross-discipline Hack
- bridges disciplines
- provides real world value to multiple players in the AECO ecosystem
- clear evidence of personal skill growth among all members
- tangible spirit of team solidarity
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Anyone is eligibile.
- Participants must be registered for the event (see above).
- Maximum team size of up to 5 people.
- We prefer that teams make every attempt to consist of people from multiple organizations.
- Hacking stops at 3pm sharp on Saturday, 9/16.
- Each team has 5 minutes to present their project to the panel of judges.
- Following the final presentation, judges will deliberate and awards will be presented.
How to enter
Register for beyondAEC HERE.
Additional information about the event can be found the beyondAEC website.
Chief Information Officer, EYP
Director, Sasaki Strategies
Chief Enabling Officer, Tocci Building Co.
Technology Investor & Entrepreneur
scientific method & overcoming obstacles
Clarity in Communication of Ideas
exhibiting understanding & explanation of process
value in failure as much as success
Substantiation & Validation of Initial Concept
Utilization of Various Skills
coding, software expertise, user experience, graphics, delivery
Practical Application to Industry