Michael Kyes • about 2 years ago
The "Living" Room" (Sensors and POE)
CONCEPT DESCRIPTION [explain idea here]: My hackathon pitch is to develop a proof of concept to show how a small flexible modular sleep/study/entertain space can be purposefully designed and sensors installed to datafy a day in the life. Think of it as an Apple health activity tracker app for a space. How might a space automatically adjust to optimize performance? How might sophisticated AI (like Google HOME) eventually change human behaviors within a space?
PROCESS [best guess at approach & steps]:
- Ideate a flexible design equip the space with FF&E designed for human behaviors and suitable to sensor.
- Create a 3D digital model (Revit, Sketchup, Rhino, other?) to demonstrate design options for final presentation.
- Identify type of sensor and location within the design for optimal information
RESOURCES [tools, skills, or expertise required]:
- familiarity with 3D digital modeling software for rapid iteration
- familiarity with Revit detail components for fine tuning
- Dynamo expertise
- Familiarity of sensor technologies and Rasberry Pi programming
DELIVERABLES / PROOF OF CONCEPT [what the end product looks like]:
- A digital document is a minimal target to show the proof of concept.
- A complementary VR immersive environment is preferred to give the user an example of the UI.
GOALS [of both project & hackathon experience]:
- Develop a working concept
- Create a compelling spatial design
- Share with the team and learn from the team about sensor technologies and programming
- Gain a deeper understanding of the future of datafied spaces (the IoT)
Comments are closed.