Leland Jobson • almost 2 years ago
Light Painter - Reverse Environmental Design
CONCEPT DESCRIPTION :
Environmental design is often a process of analysis & feedback, testing & questioning: what are the implications of such and such an enclosure, such and such a geometry, such and such an orientation, etc.. How about a one way interface working in the opposite direction, where one "paints" the environment they desire, be it an internal climate or an external effect, and the geometry forms itself to satisfy those conditions?
- collect rules of thumb
- devise use cases and design around them
- design a ui and what the "paint" is
- using the same "paint", split and devise individual ways geometry can manifest itself as a result of the "painting"
- meet and synthesize these ideas into a core algorithm
- simultaneously produce app and presentation
- polish app around merits of presentation
- rhino, c#, grasshopper, python, ladybug & honeybee and its dependencies
DELIVERABLES / PROOF OF CONCEPT :
- A working product that can design for at least 3 different scenarios
- A hot presentation
- Killing it and feeling good
Comments are closed.