Fernando Useche • almost 2 years ago
Data Collaboration between Architectural Model and Engineering Load Calculation Applications (Process Optimization)
Every time the Architectural model change (rooms, usage, areas), the load calculation data has to be updated in order to adjust the HVAC layout distribution and capacity. This process takes many hours, even week depending of the size of the project. It would be efficient to create a process that expedites the re-calculation process allowing several iterations imported from the Architectural model via Gbxml to the Load Calculation application. To achieve this goal we would need the following:
1. Engineering space information: Wall & Window area, orientation, Exterior/interior identification, unobstructed space elevation.
2. Parse/Edit Gbxml data exported from Revit model
3. The processed data will be used for additional exploration: (Energy analysis, metrics)
Key coding, research and testing of different data transfer events via Gbxml or other able to be read by the load calculation software (Trace/ HAPs)
Issues to analyze:
- How accurate and legible is the data extracted from the architectural Revit model?
- What model creation standards should needs to be stablished in order to make this workflow more efficient.
- How to edit the Gbxml file?
- Dynamo expertise
- Python, C# and Revit API knowledge
- Familiarity with load calculation software and workflows
DELIVERABLES / PROOF OF CONCEPT:
- Successfully extract clean data from the Revit model
- Access to gbxml data for query and QC
- Comparison between the traditional method and the proposed solution to evidence performance.
- Develop an effective workflow
- Learn about the importance of model creation and collaboration between AEC disciplines
- Visualize data to enhance design process.
Comments are closed.